Windsock Films is led by award-winning producer-director-writer Craig Forrest.
Over a 30+ year career, Craig’s television, film, video and documentary projects have taken him to 142 countries, flown him 14x around the world and landed him on 6 continents. Nearly 200 overseas assignments have imbedded him into dangerous hot spots like Iraq, Cuba, Burundi, the Congo, El Salvador, Palestine, Cambodia, Vietnam, Uganda, Haiti, Burma, Morocco, Chad, Northern Ireland, Bosnia & Kosovo.
His strengths include digital cinema, broadcast segments & shows, documentaries and single/multi-camera production. He has worked at the network level for CBS’s The Amazing Race, ABC’s In Concert, Discovery Channel’s World of Wonder, HBO’s Arli$$, Travel Channel’s World’s Best, UPN’s Strange Universe, Animal Planet’s Amazing Animal Videos, PBS’s Traveling Lite, History Channel’s Ancient Mysteries: Voodoo, Fox Sports’ Soccer USA, A&E’s Investigative Reports with Bill Kurtis, TLC’s Too Extreme and American Movie Classics’ Movie Memories.
Craig is the author of the book Commando Tactics for Digital Filmmakers. He holds a Master's degree in Film Studies from the Conservatory of Motion Pictures at Chapman University, and a Bachelors in Biblical and Theological Studies from Bethany University. A voting member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (Emmys), he also holds membership in the International Press Association and the prestigious Travelers’ Century Club (100+ countries).
View Craig Forrest's blog: www.craigforrest.wordpress.com
Craig's recent projects have earned a number of notable television, film, documentary and video awards:
• 2007 Telly Award – Outpouring ’06 Promo
• 2007 Telly Award – Sparkle TV spot
• 2007 Telly Award – Alternative Sparkle TV spot
• 2006 Cine Golden Eagle – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2006 Telly Award – Dare to Dream TV special
• 2006 Telly Award – 60 seconds on a Steward’s Journey
• 2006 Telly Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2006 Aurora Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2006 Remi Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2006 Videographer Award– Dare To Dream TV Special
• 2006 Videographer Award – 60 seconds on a Steward’s Journey
• 2005 Telly Award – Niger: Under the Umbrella of Islam
• 2005 Telly Award – Benin: Cradle of Voodoo
• 2005 Aurora Award (Platinum) – Ivory Coast: Key to the Francophone World
• 2005 Aegis Award – Ivory Coast: Key to the Francophone World
• 2005 Aegis Award – Benin: Cradle of Voodoo
• 2005 Aegis Award – Niger: Under the Umbrella of Islam
• 2005 Aegis Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2005 Accolade Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
• 2005 Marcom Award – 60 seconds on a Steward’s Journey
• 2005 Communicator Award – 60 seconds on a Steward’s Journey
• 2003 Communicator Award – Burundi: A Troubled Nation, A New Tribe
As a freelance artist, Craig has worked on production teams that have won or earned:
• 2009 PrimeTime Emmy (Reality Competition) – The Amazing Race (Season 14)
Network: CBS • Producer: World Race Productions • Team Role: Coordinator
• 1996 Cine Golden Eagle – Ancient Mysteries: Voodoo
Network: A&E Television • Producer: FilmRoos • Team Role: Field Producer (Haiti)
• 1996 Aurora (GOLD) – Investigative Reports – Red Light Districts
Network: A & E Television • Producer: 44 Blue Productions • Team Role: Cameraman (Cuba)
• 1994 Cable Ace Nomination – World of Wonder
Network: Discovery Channel • Producer: GRB Entertainment • Team Role: Field Prod-Writer (Singapore, India, Morocco)
Stay connected with Craig. Read his latest posts and stay current on his whereabouts.» Click to view recent posts
Commando Tactics for Digital Filmmakers is packed with valuable insights for aspiring filmmakers to help make their films truly successful.» Click to find out more
For more information email us at email@example.com, or call us at (714) 655-5372.